Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Gaining Confidence




So since my last post the puppies have become MUCH more confident! They run and play and wrestle and love going out into the back yard and chasing each other!

Carlin is still a little hesitant around people, but Chika is a total snuggler and loves getting belly rubs!
They spent all last night whining for me, but they eventually quieted down. I believe it is because they are still not used to being alone in a room, and also because I am not in the kitchen with them, and a pack always sleeps together. They are still puppies so their instinct that the pack should stay together is very stong. However, I found a great little trick that worked wonders! It happened totally by accident... I couldn't sleep with the noise so I tried turning on the TV, and lo and behold it was like magic! They quieted right down! So I left the TV on for a bit then turned it down little by little until they were asleep and the TV was off.



I don't know how he did it, since his ears are much better than mine, but Scotty slept through the whole thing! :P

The house training is still in progress with the two of them. Carlin is more progressed than Chika. It is hard to do right now because if I take Chika out for too long Carlin will cry and Chika can hear him so will run back, and vice versa with taking out Carlin. Carlin will go to the bathroom right away when outside while Chika takes longer to go outside.
Once they are both adopted, however, if they are not 100% housetrained, it will be relatively easy to finish housetraining, because they won't have the other calling for them.


All the dogs are doing well and are fitting into the house schedule!

Will post more soon!




1 comment:

  1. Love the photos; ok I'm gaga for both pups! No, no I'm saying to myself; no puppies for me!

    ReplyDelete