Sunday, September 23, 2012

Quick Update Time!

Hi all! This is just a quick update of some photos for Koko!

To read his full recently updated bio click HERE

So as mentioned in that bio, Koko loves walks, and is very good off leash. So I try to take him to the off-leash trails by my place at least 1-2 times/week. He LOVES it! And he is very well behaved so everyone loves stopping and saying hello!
His TG "Adopt Me" Bandana always catches a few eyes and sparks conversations about Turtle Gardens :)

I have a couple pictures and videos of him along the trails :)

Here is one where you can see how he is around bikes!


And one to show a bit of his recall while on off-leash walks (he usually responds faster, but this was taken near the end of our 3 hour walk and he was very tired!) 



Also, I had not mentioned to you readers yet - or maybe I did :S? Well anywho - Koko is afraid of indoor stairs. He would whine at the opening, and give the stairs as much room as possible. He literally would slink along the opposite wall to get past them, while being as far away as possible. I should explain though that we have two floors, the top floor is mine/the dogs, and there is also a lower floor.

We found out that when I would go downstairs and leave the doorway open for him - he was not happy and was clearly very nervous about the opening. So I worked with him. Slowly but surely, I got him to the point where he would come right to the top of the steps, and would no longer whine. But I knew he could do it... So, long story short here is a video from a couple days ago... ;)


I am so proud of him! He is so willing to please! He just needs someone who understands his moments of insecurity, and to guide him through :) Once he knows what we want, and knows he can do it, he never disappoints! :) He's such a sweety :)

Okay now here are some more pictures of some of the walks through the trails! :)
Enjoy, and please feel free to comment! :)

One of my fav pics!

Trail Blazer
What a tail!
Recalling
Got any water?
Whats over there?

Running when called 
Standing on a huge block!

Sniff Sniff


Wonder where this goes?
 After the walk we were both tired and hot, so I hosed us both down! And then Koko went to dry off in the sun and lay in the shade :)







1 comment:

  1. I'll say it again "Really Beautiful dog!!!"
    He's a smart and dignified Shepherd.
    Must be really hard for you to part with these guys.
    A Great and very worthwhile thing you are doing!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete