Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hello again!

Hello again!

I just wanted to post a quick post about something I have just started doing!

My Dad liked having dogs around, but we all agree that we've missed our Cat terribly.
He passed at 15 years of age  on December 2nd, 2011.

We realized that we'd probably like to foster, and in the future adopt a cat or two.
But we were having fun fostering dogs so we didn't have the time to do both.

But now as my schedule is quite crazy, I am not able to foster dogs right now, and I was going a bit stir crazy without an animal here! And we thought fostering cats would be a good fit!
And so far it has been going great, because they aren't as much work as dogs and so fit my schedule much better at the moment. And of course best of all... I still get to find great animals great homes!

I am fostering through VOKRA (Vancouver Orphaned Kitten Rescue Association).
My old cat was feral when we got him (as in never socialized with people) but he turned into a wonderful companion and was my best friend!
So when Vokra asked if I could take a tame Mama cat with her 4 feral kittens I jumped at the chance!

Taming them is super rewarding and they're starting to be real kittens! As in jumping off the walls and mewling until 2 am kittens ;P

I am writing another blog about my foster cats (much like this one for foster dogs).
If you are interested you can visit it through this link: FOSTER CAT/KITTEN BLOG

And of course I am still involved with Turtle Gardens, and once my schedule lightens up I will be able to begin fostering for them again :D In the meantime though I intend to help out with any events we have as well home checks etc. And I will try to begin posting about other TG dogs once I get the chance!

Will post more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment