Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Long time no blog!

Yup, it's been a long time since my last post, but it's also been a long time since my last foster dog!

To catch you up in a nutshell:
-I fostered an awesome cat for TG and adopted her! Her name is Pekoe :)
- I've been competing in Agility and Rikki has now moved into Advanced Jumpers and we're two Q's from our first title!
-I've begun training and competing in Rally-Obedience! Rikki just entered her first tournament and in the course of that ONE trial she qualified in every round and moved into Advanced! She now has her Novice Title!
-Now I'm fostering a Spaniel mix!

Yup meet my new foster dog Archie!
He is believed to be a 5 year old Cocker Spaniel mix (likely with another spaniel).
He is a special boy as he only had one eye. But he doesn't let that stop him from
Enjoying life! He walks great on leash and  loves his walks. He is very good with other dogs and goes to daycare! He loves people too and doesn't jump up too often but sometimes does when excited. Due to having only one eye he would need a home without young children as their quick unpredictable movements can make dogs like Austin nervous. 

I've been slowly introducing him to my kitty, and he used to live with a dog savvy cat who would tell him off, so I think a dog savvy cat would be fine for him. 

This is all very new to him, so he's still a bit anxious and will sometimes whine or pace, and is not sure what to do. I just remind him I'm there and he settles down. 90% of my foster dogs went through the exact same thing, so
I'm sure he'll settle soon just as they did :) 

He's been very friendly to everyone and dog we've met so I'm sure he'll find his perfect child-free home :) 

I'm still getting to know him over the next few days so I'll continue to update here to share all I'm learning about him :) 

He is currently shaved down but his hair grows out to an adorable fluffiness! (Though he's adorable even now!) So I've added some old photos of how he usually looks with all his fluff :) 












2 comments:

  1. Yahooo and welcome back Julia
    Congrats on your new foster, Archie! I cant wait to read his updates!!
    Hugs n tail wags
    Del

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet spaniel.. What happened to his eye? I must say, I do shudder at that the thought of a cat taking a swipe at him or his other eye, Parish the thought...I'm just a little concerned as I've met dogs, one being a spaniel who lost their site in one eye to a cat swipe..

    ReplyDelete