Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Hats Off Day!

Archie in his Outfit!


Wowee! I cannot believe it is Already 2/3 of the way through June and I still haven’t told you guys about how awesome Hats Off Day was! Time flies when Archie and I are having fun ;)

Well Hats off day is awesome – it’s a festival where the stores and organizations of The Heights get together and take their “hats off” to the community! There is a parade, events, entertainment, prizes, sales etc! This year was 80’s themed so I made Archie an outfit ;P 

It was awesome this year! Great weather! And the parade was filled with floats and performers and charity/rescue organizations all there to give back to the community! Archie was such a good boy and was very well behaved! He did get excited when the people in bear costumes showed up in the parade – so I’m convinced he thought they were giant squeaky toys just for him!  He was very fine with the crowds of people, and was very courteous of other dogs passing and greeting him (even when they weren’t! so polite!) and many people gave him compliments on his leg-warmers ;P (It was 80’s themed after all!) We visited all the vendors and Archie particularly loved the pet related ones! Van pet had some doggie ice cream, and Archie loved the doggie cake and cookies being handed out outside Big Dog Little Dog Bakery! 


We also had a surprise meeting! I was walking along with Adam and Archie, when I looked over and saw a collie-looking dog and thought, huh those colors and markings look so familiar… I wonder…. Then she turned her face towards me and Yup, I was right! It was Amber! (or so I assumed, considering there probably aren’t many one-eyed look a-likes in Vancouver haha!) so I ran up and asked if she was in-fact Amber, and Yup she was! Her mum and me had a nice chat and Amber was so sweet! We even got a pic of Archie and Amber – the one-eyed Turtle Gardens “Twins” ;P 

Amber and her Mum!

We also met up with Cash (previously Hawkeye) who is a grown-up big boy now! :) 



Near the end of the event Archie was getting a bit tired, so would lie down for a rest when we were standing in line for things, fully spread eagled too! Haha!

It was a ton of fun and I hope Turtle Gardens can participate next year :D

Watching the Parade!

Taking a break!
After the event 





No comments:

Post a Comment