Friday, June 6, 2014

Barkbox May 2014, Hats off Day 2014, no more kennel cough and hikes

Wowza - what a title! 
Before I tell you about the last two weeks with Archie - just wanted to share the good news! The kennel cough outbreak has just about passed and Archie will be able
To go back to daycare next week :) thank goodness he never caught it!

Also I wanted to thank the companies that donated raw food for Archie (he is on a raw diet) - Mr.Pets and Big Dog Little Dog Bakery :)

Archie went on a group dog hike (it was his first time and we're still working on recall so he went on a flexi-leash) and loved it! It was with Happy Dogs Hiking and Raw Food - and they also do awesome raw food and bones too! (And they're right in Burnaby!!). The dog walker/hiker said he did awesome! And that he was such an awesome dog!

Heres a picture of when he was finally holding somewhat still for a photo!









He hung out with my sisters puppy when they came to visit, and was not too impressed with her puppy "crazies" and had to tell her no thank you a couple times, but when she was calm he thought she was cool :)


He likes going to work with me and the minute we leave the house and walk towards it he gets excited (which is cute to see as he's usually so calm) - I jokingly call the female duck toller who comes to work with her mom (who I work with) his girlfriend because he really likes her. She's sweet and calm, and when we are working he goes and sleeps near her or sits with her :) it's very cute ;)











He's also very cuddly as you'll see in the pics and he rarely chases the kitty now, cause he knows not to - though I think part of that is she doesn't run away from him as much lol They even decide sometimes to snuggle together! :) using me as a pillow! Haha




He was also here when my BarkBox got delivered! And I wanted to tell you guys right away because there's a promo right now where you get 10% off your first subscription instead of the usual 5% for clicking the friends link! So if you use this link it will give you double the discount :D - and they give 10% to rescue groups (and have been very supportive of TG!) so you get 10% off and 10% still goes to rescue efforts! Win-win! :D


If you don't know what Barkbox is, it's a monthly subscription service for your pups! Each month you get 4-6 awesome dog items (toys, treats, chews, care items etc!) and they are locally sourced in Canada and the USA so no worries about the overseas treats issues! And they save me a ton of toys/treats for my dog plus help with my training! Because my pup is always getting an assortment of treats, so doesn't get bored of them and is more willing to work for them! And my foster dogs love them too! Plus I don't have to go to the store to buy one bag of treats and get tempted by other items and leave with a huge bill! I first got the 3 months subscription which quickly became 6 months, then a year! They are absolutely my favourite subscription and they have the most amazing customer service of any subscription I've ever been a part of! And they've donated to TG fundraising events too, and helped us raise some money for TG! :D!

Even if you just use the link above to use the discount on just one month to try it out - it's well worth it :)

Here is Archie (and Pekoe always comes to investigate!) helping me open my May BarkBox!

In the box we had:


- Nootie : No Grainers Jerky treats in BBQ Chicken ( Made in the USA!) -Retails $9.66


- Megablast Ball Large by JWPet - very cool ball that you can stuff peanut butter or other treats in! - Retails $11.99


- Snicky Snaks Apple Cobbler - these treats came in a super cute box and smell amazing! (Made in the USA, 100% Organic, GMO-free) - Retails $9.99


- Rozcoe Loopies Corduroy toy - this squeaky toy is shaped like a cat and seems fairly durable! Definitely a hit around here! -Retails $28.02
Total = 59.66

So this box was valued at almost $60!!! 
But I paid only a third of that! This is awesome! :)

Archie will be coming with me to Hats Off Day - which is a parade and mini-festival where the stores and companies in the Heights (Hastings street from Boundary to Gamma) take their "hats off" to the community! There's a parade, entertainment, music, food!, firemen being dunked in a dunk tank lol (a crowd favourite!), and all the shops have sales and prizes etc - and it's this weekend!Saturday June 7th, everyone should come out! It's going to be a blast :) They close Hastings Street from Boundary to Gamma off for the parade and festival goers. Hope you all can come by and if you see Archie and me please stop by and say Hi! :D

Now I have to make him an 80's outfit for the day, and so far I think it looks pretty cool ;) (It's a work in progress)





Please leave comments to tell me what you think about it? ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment