Thursday, June 20, 2013

Short and Sweet

Or quick and dirty - however you'd like to see it! Sorry there haven't been many posts lately I've been a busy bee as usual! Right now I'm in Toronto for a National competition! It's very exciting and I'm staying here for a week to see the sights and hang with friends :)

Where is Chuck while I'm here you may ask? Well! He went home to an awesome family before I left :) 
He had 3 fantastic applicants but there is only one Chuck-A-Duck! So I had to make a hard decision and pick one, but it really wasn't me doing most of the picking it was actually Chuck! He really bonded with his new parents at their meet and greet, and I could almost hear an audible *click* when they were together :) His new name is Jack! 

The pick up was funny though! He doesn't usually rush out the door when I open it, he just runs up to the people and starts wiggling for attention! But I didn't see the person unloading the lawn mower next door! But chuck did! So he ran out the door as they were coming in to take him home and he barks at the lawn mower! I ran out and called him back (his recall is very good) but he decided to ignore me, so I went up to him and then he decided he better listen so he ran back up the steps to the house, but as I come over to get him inside he takes off again! This time he knows I'm serious, but he wasn't coming back and that is very odd for him! But then I see him just run to where he usually poops and squat so I ran in and grabbed a bag. And then he walked nicely with me back to the house past the lawn mower like nothing happened lol  little brat knew he had to give me a run on his last day here after he'd been so good the rest of the time! Lol! He's got personality and makes you giggle that's for sure! :) 

His new parents love him and were laughing right along with me! :) he's going to love it there and I can't wait for an update :)

As for what's next... The next dog run is scheduled for the 29th, and ill be taking another pup! So far I don't know who I'm getting! My only requirements are that they're fully housebroken (as I sometimes have 8hour work shifts) so this usually means over 1 year old, and that they are good with other dogs. My dads only requirement is that they are not destructive (his smartphone and blinds found the wrong end of that). But as far as I know that's at least 50%-75% of the dogs on this next run! (The others are younger dogs) so I'm very excited because I have no idea who I'm getting :D! 

I will update you guys when I know more! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new family Chuck. Have fun with your new buddy, who ever that may be Julia.

    Hope your having fun in Toronto. ( I think that's where you are ? :D ) Hugs n tail wags
    King and The Girls and Mom and Dad, Del and Mark

    ReplyDelete