Saturday, June 8, 2013

Hashtag CuteDogProblems

Now reading the title you may think that I mean problems with Chuck - nope! I mean problems BECAUSE of Chuck! Let me explain...

I usually get dogs that need a little work or guidance or a dog that may take a bit of time to find their perfect home! So because I am going to Toronto in a week I knew that I'd need more of a "quick" foster if possible, so they would likely find their home before I left so I wouldn't end up playing musical dogs and trying to find someone to watch him. But while this is playing out as planned, there were things I didn't count on...

All my other dogs mostly had one application at a time. And it would either be a fit or not. If not we'd keep going until the next one and try again. I've never had a scenario where multiple GOOD applications came in at the same time! And by good I mean good for this particular foster (as some might still be a good applicant for another dog even if not for mine).

Chuck received 3 applicants in a day and a half! And all are great! I talked to all on the phone and still couldn't narrow it down so to meet and greets it went! I have finished all the meet and greets and will have to decide which home will fit him best. I know he would do well in all three homes, but which home/lifestyle would he enjoy the most and thrive in is the question.

Sometimes I wish I could clone them but that would just satisfy me worrying about disappointing the two homes that aren't picked, when there are two awesome dogs out there waiting for those two other homes! So I wouldn't be very nice denying those other dogs a home.

All three homes are great and but are slightly different. So it will be very hard to chose, though I feel my gut pulling towards one applicant in particular, but it's too soon to tell.

In the meantime though I have been having lots of fun with my Chuckie in the meantime :)


Chuck and my dog Rikki 
Rikki and Chuck really like each other because Chuck isn't interested in playing with dogs and Rikki is constantly bugged to play by Cash (TG Alum "Hawkeye") so she enjoys the break that Chuck provides. They hit it off right away!


Chuck also hit it off with Rikki's kitty friend "Baby"

He tries to snuggle as close as possible! Huge bed hog :P





I will repeat ...Bed hog! (But a darn cute one ;P)


No comments:

Post a Comment