Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'm Back!

Hello everyone!

I have been away for a while vacationing in sunny Mexico!
It was amazing! I went ATVing and tequila tasting and of course enjoyed my time at the beach!

Now that I'm back it seems so much is happening!
The Dog run is this saturday, and there is also a fundraiser coming up!

First the Dog Run!
I can't wait to have a furry body sharing my home with me again :D I have begun to feel restless without my daily walks! (Maybe I should start chewing shoes? ;P)
I am not yet sure which dog I will be fostering yet but I am super excited and can't wait!

Next is an update from Farley (formerly Scotty)!
He is hard at work with his mom!
I have to say he is looking REALLY good! You can tell he is in total heaven with his family!

Scotty at work with his mom. He is one lucky god to have a mom that works in such a cool place!


And last but certainly not least.... THE FUNDRAISER!

Turtle Gardens, is holding a fundraiser at Schanks in the perfectly central location of Queensborough on Friday June 15th! This is a casual pub night and there will be a 50/50 draw and a small raffle. There may also be some mini golf, virtual golf and pool table contests, depending on interest.

Each ticket is $20 and covers your admittance, a burger (veggie is available), fries, and a beer/pop. $10 from every ticket goes straight to Turtle Gardens!

For those of you who don't know, Turtle Gardens is a no-kill shelter based out of Topely BC and currently has 70 dogs awaiting their chance at a forever home! The dogs who are ready for adoption are fostered in the lower mainland and the island. I am one of those such foster parents :)

Also, as the main home/shelter is located further north, they have a major problem with flooding. Last year the flood did huge damage to the foundation of the house, and this year their basement is already under 4 feet of water! The money raised will help with the rebuild of the shelter in order to keep the 70 wonderful rescue dogs with a roof over their heads!

If you'd like tickets please let me know and I will gladly get one to you!
It is going to be a great night for a great cause! Hope to see many of you there!

For more information you can go to the main page by clicking this link.

http://www.turtlegardens.org/blog/?p=27415


If you are to far away to come to the fundraiser or are busy that night there are still many ways to help!
If you scroll to the bottom of this page you will find a blurb that will list other ways you can help Turtle Gardens! 
Also, there is a link where you can send a donation directly to Turtle Gardens via credit card, or Paypal!  All the money donated goes straight to the care of the dogs! 




These net few months are going to be busy, busy, busy!
Will post more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment